Data Literacy Coach
Posted 1 week ago
Have a passion for data and the power it can have for businesses? Great at communicating your knowledge? This EdTech start-up is on the lookout for talented coaches to guide others to become more data-driven in their roles.
So what’s the job? 👀
Multiverse's Data Literacy Coaches facilitate, coach and mentor learning experiences for apprentices throughout their journey on the Data Literacy programme. They have an incredibly rewarding job guiding career builders at different stages of their journey to leadership and helping them become more data-driven along the way.
You will be responsible for your own cohort of apprentices, ensuring they develop into successful professionals. Your role will be a mixture of facilitating group and one to one coaching sessions and delivering taught workshops to support apprentices with their data and business skills development. A typical week might see you spending 50% of your time delivering course content, 30% conducting 1-1s with apprentices, and 20% on auxiliary tasks to support your direct work with apprentices.
Full-time and part-time options are available!
What content will you be delivering? ✏️
You will be delivering the 13 month Data Literacy programme, aimed at anyone who uses data in a business setting. It is designed to enable people to use data more effectively, impactfully, and efficiently in their job. The course is delivered through a series of 11 modules and monthly coaching sessions and is focused on applied learning to build data skills, confidence and business leadership. You will be helping apprentices to accelerate their growth whilst helping businesses navigate digital transformation and use data to inform insight.
Do I fit the bill? 🕵️
These are the essentials…
- A passion for data and the opportunity to share the power of its use for businesses with others
- Experience using Excel - specifically Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP functions
- Experience in teaching, tutoring, knowledge sharing, or training others
- Strong communication skills honed from experience in hosting and facilitating group discussions
- A desire to have a positively shape the development of others
You'll also have some of these…
- Prior experience using PowerBI
- Prior experience in developing others through advising, supervising, coaching, mentoring, or managing individuals
- Prior experience in using data in business and commercial settings to drive decisions
- Ability to demonstrate consistent evidence of high impact from your previous roles
- Experience managing and developing good stakeholder relationships
- You can evidence a passion for data throughout your career journey so far
- You thrive in a culture where feedback drives growth
You might work in Industry and use data daily to make informed business decisions. Perhaps you are in the education sector as Head of a department, Subject Lead, or in STEM and track/analyse data to measure performance and outcomes. If you fit the above requirements, there’s a good chance that you’ll make a great addition to the team!
✅ Don’t quite tick all the boxes?
If you don’t quite tick all the boxes but you’re passionate about teaching data skills, then Multiverse still has a place for you. Perhaps you’re a great professional mentor, but your PowerBI skills are not quite up to scratch, or your data skills are up there with the best, but it’s been a little while since your last experience teaching or tutoring.
Multiverse’s Coaching Academy is a 3-month paid, full-time programme providing prospective coaches with all the tools they need to deliver the Data Literacy programme. At the end of the programme you'll be a fully-qualified Data Literacy Coach. Submit your CV for the Associate Data Literacy Coach on Feisty’s job board to be considered for the Coaching Academy!
The exciting bits! ⭐
- Performance-based bonus scheme!
- 27 days holiday 🏝
- 4 M-powered Days 🙌 - one day per quarter where Multiverse collectively switches off and prioritises well-being
- 1 Life Event Day 📆 (can be for your birthday, moving house, getting a puppy...)
- 2 Volunteer Days to support a charitable cause 🎗
- A hybrid working model 🏠
- Private Medical Insurance 🏥 with Bupa
- Medical cashback scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Cycle to work scheme 🚴🏽♀️
- Spill 🌱 all in one mental health support
- Employer pension contributions
- Remote working with monthly visits to the London office
- Part-time options available - 4 day or 80% contracts will also be considered
- Equity - every Multiverse employee has ownership in the business through equity options
- Weekly socials 🍻 and regular offsite events
This position is hybrid and almost fully remote, meaning you can work from wherever you choose (as long as you’re based in the UK). You’ll also be expected in-person at the central London office once day per a month.
💬 Multiverse, in their own words…
What’s the team like?
“Our coaching team is an incredible mix of industry experts and former teachers from both the public and private sectors. Our Coaches have been Educational Leaders, Teachers, Instructors, Tutors, Coaches and Mentors as well as PhD Graduates, Researchers, Data Analysts, Business Analytics experts. Holistically, the team possesses a blend of facilitation excellence and industry expertise, ensuring apprentices benefit from learning how to apply theoretical concepts into practical application.
We’re a team that thrives on each other's different experiences, skills and ideas. You will be coming into a forward-thinking, supportive and driven team, working together to make an impact for our apprentices and their organisations and achieving something incredible together!”
🌍 ED&I @ Multiverse
“We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.”
"All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service (‘DBS’) for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently."
👣 Next steps
- Apply via Feisty to have your CV sent straight to Multiverse
- 30min video call, where you’ll be able to learn more about the role
- 60min practical interview (to show off your teaching skills)
- Further Q&A calls
- Offer 🎉
Multiverse are one of the fastest growing startups in Europe and now they're rapidly expanding in North America too, working with over 300 clients including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Kantar, Citi and Microsoft.
Multiverse started in 2021 with the UK’s largest ever EdTech funding round - a $44m Series B. Since then they've opened their New York office, and been awarded “Outstanding” by OFSTED (the UK government’s education regulator) across every category. In September 2021, they broke the funding record again with a $130m Series C raise. In June 2022, Multiverse broke the same record for a third time with a $220m Series D raise which valued them at $1.7b, doubling their value in just 8 months and making them the UK's first EdTech unicorn.