Human Resources Manager
£ 30,000 - 35,000
Posted 3 weeks ago
Interested in joining an award-winning and fast-growing fine jewellery retailer?💎 Join the team on a mission to modernise engagement and wedding ring jewellery!
Tell me more… 👀
Queensmith is searching for a part time Human Resources Manager to join their growing business. They're jewellers with a difference. Part workshop, part showroom, our immersive, customer-focused approach to creating bespoke engagement rings and wedding jewellery has seen rapid growth since our founding in 2016. Now with three retail stores, expanding workshops and an administrative office located in the heart of Hatton Garden, their growing team is looking out for a stand-out candidate to take the reins on all things HR.
So what’s the job?
From taking the lead on a constantly evolving recruitment drive, to carrying out engaging and productive induction, training and staff development tasks throughout employees’ contracts. Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be responsible for advising line managers on all employment issues in line with employment legislation, and should bring new and innovative ideas to enhance employee wellness, including the implementation of perks and schemes to encourage workforce happiness and productivity.
With an ever-expanding team spanning Sales, Workshop, Marketing and Production departments, the right candidate will show willingness to get involved with the on-goings and development of the team and individual employees in a comprehensive, affable and professional manner, reporting to and working with the Managing Director, Senior Leadership Team and line managers to implement the most productive HR systems.
Personnel Policies and Support to Managers
- Ensure the Group’s employment handbook and personnel policies and procedures are kept up to date and comply with all current legislation
- Advise Senior Leadership Team and line managers on how to implement such policies and procedures fairly and consistently
- Act as a reliable source of advice and support for individual managers and liaise with the appropriate people over matters such as absence, poor performance, grievances, harassment, disciplinary proceedings and dismissal
- Manage and front recruitment, including placing adverts, communication with candidates and arranging interviews, and liaising with the appropriate staff members to recruit with the best possible outcomes
- Implement engaging and productive induction procedures, including producing contracts that comply with our policies and current legislation
- Support line managers with the development and training of staff
- Carry out one-to-one appraisal interviews to measure and record development and training
Pay and Reward
- Advise Managing Director on pay policy and implementation including job grading and annual progression
- Assist with ongoing performance reviews and make recommendations as required
Other HR matters
- Support Senior Leadership Team on the strategic plans of the Group
- Support Senior Leadership Team to produce clear and effective communications with staff
- Chair group meetings with support staff as necessary to ensure they are aware of and understand how they are affected by developments in legislation and Group policies
- Ensure compliance with Equal Opportunities legislation
- Ensure reliable personnel records are maintained, including those relating to Equal Opportunities, and that HR systems meet the needs of the Group
- Provide regular reports to the Senior Leadership Team and other managers about employees such as absences
Who are they looking for? 🕵️
These are the essential requirements:
- Min. 3 years experience in similar role
- CIPD level 5 qualification
The exciting bits!
- Join an award-winning and fast-growing fine jewellery retailer 💍
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) pro rata 🏖️
- A competitive salary and bonus scheme 💰
- 50/50 remote working 😍
- 24 hours Monday to Friday (flexible hours to suit) ⏰
- Generous pension scheme 💪
- Other perks being considered - we need you to help us! 🔥
The key details
📅 Job Type: Part-time: 24 hours Monday - Friday (flexible hours to suit)
💰 Salary: £30,000.00-£35,000.00 - Pro rata
📍 Location: 98 Hatton Garden EC1N / 50/50 remote working
"Queensmith Master Jewellers take pride in serving all members of the LGBTQ+ community. Whether you identify as gay, lesbian, transgender, straight or anywhere in between, we create a welcoming experience for all couples looking for beautifully handcrafted engagement rings, wedding rings, promise rings and all fine jewellery. We care about fine craftsmanship, ethically sourced diamonds, great service and, of course, equality, because #loveislove.
CELEBRATING PRIDE: SAME-SEX ENGAGEMENT & WEDDING RINGS"
So, what are the next steps? ✏️
- Apply via Feisty so your application is sent straight to the employer.
- Include a cover letter outlining why you think you’d be a great fit for the role.
- Two stage interview process
If this sounds like you, we can’t want to hear from you!
Queensmith specialises in bespoke fine jewellery, designed and crafted by their talented team of in-house experts. They offer a truly personal and bespoke fine jewellery service that brings their customers to the heart of the making process, providing rare access to designers, gemmologists, goldsmiths and setters, in order to create and customise their dream engagement, wedding and eternity rings.