Senior Backend Engineer
Posted 3 weeks ago
Want to work for a company that cares about the humans behind tech? Are you a software engineer who wants the chance to use their skills to improve the human experience? Then this could be the role for you!
📍4-day work week; either completely remote, in a beautiful central London office, or a flexible/hybrid arrangement of your choice📍
👀 So what's the job?
You’ll work at Riverr, a key component of the LAB group of agencies working to reshape the human experience for good. Riverr need a curious and creative mind to join their team as a Senior Back End Engineer/Developer. You will work alongside an enthusiastic, creative, technical team who are not afraid to push boundaries and get out of their comfort zones.
If you love all things digital, have a passion for technology and are constantly scratching up your skills, then this could be the role for you.
🕵 Who are LAB looking for?
these are the essentials...
- 3 - 5 years of experience working with .NET (.NET Framework or .NET Core)
- Experienced working with CMS solutions such as Sitecore, Umbraco, or Contentful
- Worked on the whole project lifecycle from conception to release to production, and had assisted in the planning and architecture of a new web application
- Worked with serverless technologies such as Azure Functions
- Comfortable with testing created code across a range of platforms & devices, both emulated and physical
- Competent at testing their code, and working with QA teams
- Able to provide references as an experienced Backend Engineer / Developer or similar role
- Willing to learn new skills and technologies, be out of their comfort zone and be excited by the art of the possible
- Keen and able to communicate clearly and articulately with internal team members and external clients
- Able to prove developing highly performant web applications
- Able to mentor other developers and enforce code quality standards across a team of developers
- Able to lead projects when required and take ownership of the quality of output produced by the team
- Able to work in a fast paced agency environment
- Provide realistic and achievable timescales against jobs and projects; and ensure they are met
bonus if you have experience...
- Consuming data via API’s from Headless CMS systems such as Contentful or Contentstack
- Creating API’s in .NET
- Writing technical documentation
- Writing test automation scripts
- Worked in Agile development environment, using a ticketing system such as Jira
- Configuring release automation pipelines such as GitHub Actions or Azure Devops
- Working with Headless / JAMStack architectures
👂 Sound like you?
- You have a maker mindset: you are creative and love working with creative people
- You are not afraid to get out of your comfort zone, fail and learn, share what you learn, and always be curious about better ways and new technology
- You are a problem solver and an innovator. In your pursuit of perfectly polished solutions, you aren’t afraid to speak up about new ideas so that as a team we deliver what is best for our clients and the project
- You jump in with both feet. You’re courageous. You ask questions and communicate what you think
- For you, it’s not about resources, it’s about resourcefulness. You have the initiative, energy and drive to make things happen
- You’re obsessive about all aspects of development, fixated on the smaller details as well as the bigger picture of your work, and are ambitious and driven
🧮 Riverr's Technical stack:
🤩 The exciting bits (you'll want to read these!)...
- A 4 day work week!
- LAB really care about work-life balance and flexible and remote working options are standard; come into the central London office all four days, zero days, or somewhere in between!
- A truly global office, with team members based everywhere from Scotland to South Africa
- Private healthcare through Vitality
- A day off for your birthday
- An annual budget just for you, to invest in your personal development
- Always something going on: bi-weekly huddles, team socials, monthly lunch and learns, and more!
- Experienced colleagues who have worked at the pinnacle of their craft
👣 Ethics @ LAB group
The LAB group are an equal opportunities employer and creating a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace is at the heart of the organisation's values.
Take it from them! In their own words, "all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other status protected by law. Our People team are happy to support with any reasonable adjustments that are needed within the recruitment process, so please do flag if you need any additional support. Your information will be kept confidential according to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We have a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery and we are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships and to doing everything we can to ensure modern slavery is not taking place in any of our supply chains or processes."
✅ Not sure you tick all the boxes?
We encourage individuals to apply even if they do not think they meet the job description perfectly. The LAB Group encourages applications people from groups with different needs or with a past record of disadvantage or low participation to apply to come and work with them.
The LAB Group's HR team supports with any reasonable adjustments that are requested and asks individuals to get in contact if they do need any additional support, at interview or after they've started with Riverr and the LAB Group!
📝 Sounds great! How can I apply?
- Apply via Feisty so your CV is sent directly to Riverr
- Screening call with Riverr
- First interview
- Work test
- Final interview
- Offer 🎉
Riverr, A LAB Group Agency, is a company that cares about the humans behind tech. As a key component of the LAB Group, Riverr people are confident advocates for using digital to reshape the human experience for good. They deliver cutting-edge implementation of enterprise digital platforms and bespoke digital solutions, supercharged by the LAB Group’s best-in-class behavioural science expertise.
Riverr are agressive investors in vigorous innovators, technical intellectuals, and architects of change - their team is full of those passionate about creating beautiful digital experiences using hardcore technology.