Senior PHP Developer
Posted 3 weeks ago
Want to work for a company that cares about the humans behind tech? Are you a software developer who wants the chance to use their skills to improve the human experience? Then this could be the role for you!
📍4-day work week, either completely remote, in a beautiful central London office, or flexible/hybrid arrangement of your choice📍
👀 So what's the job?
You’ll work at Riverr, A LAB Agency: a key component of the LAB group of agencies working to reshape the human experience for good. Reporting to the to CP, Head of Full Stack Development, you'll be working on a diverse set of unique and challenging projects that allow users to improve their lives through seamless interaction with technology.
Riverr are looking for an experienced developer with a growth mindset and a desire to solve tricky problems. If that sounds like you and you're interested in being part of an award-winning team at the top of their game, then read on!
📅 So what would my day look like?
- Be involved in the whole project lifecycle from project conception to release to production
- Assisting in the planning and architecture of new web applications
- Adding features or enhancements to existing applications
- Use Jira to create tickets for the development work required on the solution (not functional story tickets), and keep tickets up to date with the latest status
- Ensure deployed code is managed in GIT and thoroughly tested
- Solution setups in Azure, Netlify and AWS including appropriate automated release pipelines for the solution
- Provide realistic and achievable timescales against jobs and projects (and ensure they are met)
- Accurately enter time logs into the time tracking tool
- Contribute ideas and observations for new products or services, efficiency, quality improvements, and cost savings
- Work with Developers and Engineers to put together prototypes and proofs of concept, then partner with your colleagues to turn your concepts into practical demonstrations
- Coach, mentor and oversee work done by junior and intermediate developers
- Daily standups with the rest of the Riverr team
♠️ You will be aceing this role when you're...
- Writing proposals and communicating ideas through strong visual means, high quality diagrams and supporting text
- Designing and developing web applications, including CMS systems and code libraries that can be used for multiple projects
- Developing secure, robust and scalable code using standard practices and programming techniques that meets the required specifications
- Working effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Staying up to date with new technology and teaching other developers how to incorporate emerging trends
🕵 Who are the LAB Group looking for?
- At least 3-5 years experience as a PHP developer
- Knowledge of and experience with Drupal (this is essential)
- Knowledge of Wordpress
- Used to working in a team on projects for different types of businesses and market
- Be proficient in a wide range of technical systems; proficient knowledge of information security, modern standards approach, system integration, user focus, system designs, Technical Availability and capacity development process optimisation
- Senior leadership and mentorship skills
- A keen problem-solver
- Ability to delegate work tasks and document their status
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Experience with version Control (GIT / SVN)
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies and cascade to team
🤩 The exciting bits (you'll want to read these!)...
- A 4 day work week!
- The LAB Group really care about work-life balance and flexible and remote working options are standard; come into the central London office 4 days a week, 0 days a week, or somewhere in between!
- A truly global office, with team members based everywhere from Scotland to South Africa
- Company Medical Aid
- A day off for your birthday
- An annual budget just for you, to invest in your personal development
- Always something going on: bi-weekly huddles, team socials, monthly lunch and learns, and more!
- Experienced colleagues who have worked at the pinnacle of their craft
👣 Ethics @ LAB group
The LAB Group are an equal opportunities employer and creating a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace is at the heart of the organisation's values.
Take it from them! In their own words, "all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other status protected by law. Our People team are happy to support with any reasonable adjustments that are needed within the recruitment process, so please do flag if you need any additional support. Your information will be kept confidential according to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We have a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery and we are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships and to doing everything we can to ensure modern slavery is not taking place in any of our supply chains or processes."
✅ Not sure you tick all the boxes?
We encourage individuals to apply even if they do not think they meet the job description perfectly. The LAB Group encourages applications people from groups with different needs or with a past record of disadvantage or low participation to apply to come and work with them.
The LAB Group's HR team supports with any reasonable adjustments that are requested and asks individuals to get in contact if they do need any additional support, at interview or after they've started with the LAB Group and Riverr!
📝 Sounds great! How can I apply?
- Apply via Feisty so your CV is sent directly to Riverr
- Screening call with Riverr
- First interview
- Work test
- Final interview
- Offer 🎉
Riverr, A LAB Group Agency, is a company that cares about the humans behind tech. As a key component to the LAB Group, Riverr people are confident advocates for using digital to reshape the human experience for good. They deliver cutting-edge implementation of enterprise digital platforms and bespoke digital solutions, supercharged by the LAB Group’s best-in-class behavioural science expertise.
Riverr are agressive investors in vigorous innovators, technical intellectuals, and architects of change - their team is full of those passionate about creating beautiful digital experiences using hardcore technology.