Have you ever wondered how some of the most ambitious and successful companies in the UK (think Deliveroo & Monzo) grow so rapidly? Bright and inquisitive people are needed to help this company shine a light on these companies!
This entry level role is perfect for anyone who loves learning new things and often finds them falling into online rabbit holes (fans of “The Wikipedia Game”, apply!).
Beauhurst are a market-leading tech company that provides data on the fastest growing companies in the UK (think Monzo and Babylon!). Their Data team is vital in ensuring its data is of excellent quality. They're on a mission to track companies that they don’t track (but should), add even more data points on these companies & a whole range of other important projects (ask them about them!). To keep up with all of this growth, they need more lovely faces to join their Data team.
So come & join the close-knit team at Beauhurst (check out Glassdoor to see just how great their culture is) and help them with their deep dive into online research!
If this sounds right up your street then read on...
What will you be doing?
Day to day, your responsibilities will be to:
- Fact find & research: go on a mission to find what services these companies provide, the products they sell, and who their clients are using company websites, press releases and the public record
- Writing: turn this research into succinct & snappy company descriptions that help Beauhurst's clients understand them and help them grow into the next big thing.
- Classify: put these companies into the right “box” by working out which of the 500 proprietary sectors they operate in (including AI, Augmented reality, Fintech, 3D printing & much more!)
- Problem solve: apply an inquisitive eye & their in-house methodology to figure out, for example: what stage do you think a company is at? Do you fully trust the accuracy of its filings or do you need to correct a probable mistake? Based on the limited information you have, does a deal look more like an investment or a buyout?
Don’t worry! You won't be expected to be an expert on day one. You’ll receive about two-months of thorough training, helping you to understand, create and refine company data.
While the role doesn’t involve dataset manipulation, cleaning or analysis, you’ll get to learn loads about the most innovative start-ups, top performing established companies and the ecosystem that supports such an integral part of the UK’s economy. The data you create will be used by government bodies, investors and anyone interested in helping the most ambitious companies grow, recruit and innovate.
Who are they looking for?
This is an entry-level position that will suit someone with a degree. Previous experience is a bonus, but not required!
At the very least, you will need to have/be...
- A great communicator: You’ll have excellent written communication, including correct use of spelling and grammar
- Autonomous: You’re happy to work independently and like figuring stuff out for yourself
- Problem-solver & detail orientated: you are a natural problem-solver, meticulous and with a keen eye for detail
- Friendly: You are enjoy working with people & have a good sense of humour
The exciting bits!
As well as the offered package of £22.5k and an in-depth training programme (ongoing for 2 months!), Beauhurst want to keep their team happy and healthy. So, as part of this, you’ll also get:
- Training: Structured training & regular personal development opportunities
- Wellbeing: Coaching, counselling, and virtual yoga/mindfulness sessions
- Socials: Drinks every Friday, office parties, company away days, and regular team events
- Options: Substantial options scheme, so you can share in the growth you help create
- Talks: Interesting speakers in the office
- Snacks: Unlimited supply of fruit, nuts, tea, and coffee
- Books: You can order any relevant books you like or come along to their book club evening
- Travel loans: Rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Hybrid working: Flexible office & remote working available
The key details
📍 Location: Nottingham
💰 Salary: £22.5k + benefits
⏰ Start date: ASAP!
So, what are the next steps? ✏️
- Apply via Feisty so your application is sent straight to the employer.
- Include response to screening questions to follow.
Beauhurst are the market-leader for tracking the UK’s most ambitious and exciting companies. Through a combination of machine learning and people power, their data platform helps more than 500 organisations in over a dozen different industries invest in, understand, and partner with start-ups and scale-ups all over the country.
As well as their fantastic platform, their success comes from their wonderful culture. Based in the heart of vibrant Brixton, they're a supportive, close-knit group with a wide range of interests and quirks – from bakers, to artists, to beer-brewers to gamers. To drive their company forward, they're proactive, take responsibility for their work, embrace their mistakes and continually challenge ourselves & each other to do better.