Office, Reception & Events Hero (Bristol)
Looking for a varied, fast-paced role at the heart of a community-focused organisation? Love people and creating amazing experiences? Then this is the role for you!
Elevator Pitch: The Job. It’s a great job. We promise.
This is a fast-paced and exciting role at the heart of the Runway East community, always looking to make their members experience even better.
As their Community Associate (this is what the role is called internally), you’ll be the first port of call for RWE's members. Keeping a keen eye on the practical running of their reception desk - providing a warm, welcoming experience for all of our members and guests. You will be on hand to support the day to day needs of the business.
You’ll learn great office skills, get operations and some event experience, as well as become entrenched in a network of the latest UK innovators and entrepreneurs.
What will you be doing?
Keeping building operations on track:
- On a day-to-day basis, there are core elements which are crucial to your role, these are the fundamentals you need to be nailing every day, week and month to help RWE deliver a truly exceptional experience to the team and members alike.
- You’ll keep the building standards high, everything in its place exactly where members need it, when they need it. You’re proud to be part of running a space that always looks great.
- You're a problem solver who’s not afraid to get your hands dirty to resolve issues before members know they're issues. You’ll be managing the post, answering calls and emails and assisting with building operations, you’ll make sure that our day-to-day runs smoothly and efficiently, every day.
Providing a warm welcome:
- You’ll be the first interaction the members have, so a warm, welcoming demeanour and a love of people is a must.
- You’ll ensure the reception desk is tidy and looking its best, you’ll take pride in our space and help ensure it’s the best it can be at all times.
- You’ll maintain the privacy of members and the security in the building, identifying and signing in visitors and supplying them with visitor passes.
Handling member and guest enquiries:
- You’ll answer calls and respond to emails in a timely manner, using sales training where appropriate.
- Dealing with calls/walk-ins first hand, reporting any messages and feedback to the community, membership and management team etc where appropriate - ensuring that people are put in touch with who they need to see.
- You’ll assist your Community Manager with the onboarding of new members to Runway East.
Joining the adventure:
- RWE are a team of experienced entrepreneurs who want to make the happiest, most productive, most exciting working environment in town, nay the world, nay the galaxy, nay (you get the picture).
Who are they looking for?
You’ll do great here if you’re...
- Organisation obsessed: Time management and attention to detail are paramount to success in this role as you’ll be juggling multiple tasks and dealing with regular requests from both the team and our members. You take pleasure in meticulous planning to ensure you never drop the ball.
- Passionate about people: It's about building relationships with RWE's brilliant members, as well as their team, so they need someone who loves dealing with people from all walks of life. You’re friendly, warm, clear and confident, with a talent for written comms as well as face to face.
- Any previous experience in managing a reception is excellent, but it’s not the end of the world if you don’t have it. Previous work experience in hospitality or other customer-facing roles is also fantastic.
ED&I at Runway East
In their own words: "We see the good in everyone. We celebrate our differences.
We keep community at our core, and we know that a community can only thrive when it is diverse and inclusive. We welcome people from all backgrounds and experiences, whatever your race, religion, status, sexuality, gender identity, age, appearance or disability. There is no set blueprint for a Runway East team member. What matters to us is your spirit."
The exciting bits!
What about the money?
💰 £22,000 per year
Anything else, besides working with the greatest people in the world?
- Time Off 🌴 - 31 days including bank holidays plus an extra day for every year you’re at RWE. They also give you your birthday off (because no one should work on their birthday)
- Wellbeing 💊 - Private health & dental insurance, half-price gym membership, access to Spill (which offers video therapy sessions through Slack), mental health days & a Bike2Work scheme
- Contribute 🌎 - Assign two workdays per year to charitable work with Matchable
- Learning & Development 📚 - £150pa personal growth budget, access to Learnamp (a curated platform of learning resources), regular lunch & learns
- The Usual Suspects 👍 - Paid sick days, compassionate leave, enhanced parental leave for long-service and life insurance
- RWE outings 🎉 - They love organised (and not so organised) fun, culminating in an annual team trip (Barcelona, Alicante, Rhodes, and Vilnius to name some past trips!)
So, Runway East provides a springboard for entrepreneurs: a working space, a supportive team, and years of experience. They help nurture new ideas into new businesses, and they love doing it.
These are their values, if you share them - apply.
Community Obsessed. You understand their members and their needs - delivering world-class service with enthusiasm and charm. You see every challenge as an opportunity to delight their members.
Open. You are open-minded and engaged. You own your mistakes and take steps to actively learn from them. You give and receive feedback with positive intent to develop yourself and the business.
Give a Damn. You are continuously driving yourself to improve. You care about the little things and you take pride in doing them well - you care about the company, their members and your teammates.
Entrepreneurial. You question the status quo and stand up to fix things, taking the initiative to find and deliver solutions. You are resilient and determined and when the going gets tough, you don’t give up.