Graduate Fleet Support Executive (Birmingham)
Want an exciting role in a fast-growing company working towards a sustainable future? Are you an organised university graduate who would be able to deliver top-class customer service? Join Karshare as their newest Graduate Fleet Support Executive and help create a future where having a car can be seen as a choice, not a necessity!
What will you be doing?
- Work closely with the Community Manager in Coventry/Birmingham to ensure there is an optimal customer experience from sign-up agreement to installation
- Monitor installations process to ensure they are completed as soon as possible and that Karshare hit their monthly installation targets
- Ensure new cars being put on the platform are roadworthy by carrying out all required vehicle checks
- Support customers through the eligibility and onboarding process to get their cars signed up and ready on the Karshare platform
- Ensure new onboarded cars are described and photographed in the most optimal way to attract rental bookings.
- Undertake testing of new owner installations to optimise set up for go-live
- Support owners with how the Karshare app works including advice on maximising car availability to increase rental potential
- Track and troubleshoot any issues with cars using 3rd party systems and via spreadsheets
- Work with 3rd party suppliers to take corrective action to optimise the installation process
- Be the face of Karshare's customer operations in Coventry/Birmingham - develop strong relationships to enable regular contact with their car-owner community to ensure Karshare continues to support them achieving their rental objectives
- Listen at all times to what customers are saying and feedback to the business so that the Karshare service can be continually improved
- Inspect car damage and help to find solutions to ensure the vehicles are fixed as quickly as possible and with the most cost effective solution
- In the first instance work with owners for them to take care of the damages or when required assist in liaising with garages
- Report and assist the tracking of insurance cases and ensure the owner is aware of how the case is progressing
- Liaise with the Tech and Product teams to flag issues which need fixing, as well as making suggestions to improve the customer experience.
- Quickly respond and react to support customers by solving any problems which may arise.
- Any other required tasks within your skillset.
Who are they looking for?
these are the essentials...
- An understanding of vehicle roadworthiness, vehicle maintenance and upkeep
- Full clean driving licence and access to your own personal car
- A Bachelor's degree
- PC literate (in particular with Microsoft Office and/or Google Workspace)
- A confident driver with a good general knowledge and understanding of cars
- Based in the West Midlands and able to travel to both Birmingham and Coventry when required
and the nice-to-haves...
- Flexible: you'll be out on the road driving to meet customers and working from home
- A self-starter: resilient with a positive outlook
- A people person: friendly and an excellent communicator, able to inspire others into action.
- Goal-driven: you have a desire to grow and excel in your role.
- Purpose-driven: you want Karshare to succeed because you understand how car sharing can help create a more sustainable future
- Love to meet and engage new people to build strong relationships
- Have a pre-emptive mindset and capability to spot operational challenges and act before they become problems.
- Resilient, passionate about solving problems, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Organised and able to juggle the admin side of the role to fit around going out to meet customers
- Comfortable working with technology
The role is based on a 40-hour week Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm. However, flexibility is required to manage meeting customers at their preferred times and occasionally Saturday visits may be needed (time in lieu will be given back). Karshare has a flexible approach to how you manage your time and they will need flexibility from you too.
And the exciting bits!
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, plus 1 extra every year after 2 years of service up to a maximum of 28 days
- Take your birthday off as an extra day’s holiday!
- Contributory pension scheme
- A minimum of £250 to use for your own professional development
- 5 free rental days a year on the Karshare platform
- Up to 2 employee social responsibility days to use for a cause or charity of your choice
- Access to Juno benefits, allowing you to claim back costs on all sorts of items such as Netflix, Spotify, or your gym membership (worth about £30/month!)
Karshare is the UK’s first car sharing platform aimed solely at serving communities within their neighbourhoods. Using smart technology and a contactless process, they connect renters with car owners, giving those with cars the opportunity to earn extra cash while providing quick and easy car rental to those who need it.
Karshare are creating a more sustainable, shared future, where having a car can be seen as a choice, not a necessity!