Junior Car Sharing Technician
Have experience in motor vehicle systems and want to share in the success of an exciting fast growth startup? Join Karshare as their newest Junior Car Sharing Technician and help create a future where having a car can be seen as a choice, not a necessity!
What will you be doing?
- Undertake the preparation, fitting and commissioning of in-vehicle keyless devices
- Independently carry out the installation of in-vehicle keyless technology at the customer’s chosen time and location
- Plan and organise multiple installations to optimise the use of time and costs when undertaking duties
- Assisting in testing the vehicles to make sure that upon leaving the job the customer’s vehicle is correctly set up and ready to be shared with others
- Demonstrate the Karshare app to owners to ensure they understand the settings to maximise availability and rentals on their vehicle
- Ensure cars are roadworthy and complete all required checks
- Work closely with the Fleet support team to understand and cover any emergency installations to improve our install turnaround times
- Provide ongoing post-install diagnostic, and fleet management support to the Karshare community as required
- In conjunction with the Vehicle Key Building Technician build the technology hardware that is installed into owner’s vehicles (full training will be given)
- Be responsible for all equipment provided in undertaking duties and ensure business tools are kept safe and used as per training
- Ensure the volume, success rate, and turnaround of installs is closely tracked and monitored
- Continually look for ways to speed up and improve the installation process sharing this knowledge with the wider team
- When required assess damage on vehicles and take corrective action which is cost effective and the quickest solution
- Undertake all admin tasks associated with the installation process involving internal and partner systems
- Perform other responsibilities as required within your skillset to assist as required
What are they looking for?
- Motor vehicle systems (electrical and mechanical) work experience and ideally experience in installing in-vehicle tracking / telematics devices
- Ideally you have your own vehicle (Karshare will insure you if required) or if not we can source a vehicle for you
- You have a full clean driving licence
- A good understanding of vehicle roadworthiness, vehicle maintenance and upkeep and practical abilities to support in fleet management activity where applicable
- Highly motivated, organised and able to consistently operate with a high degree of attention to detail in order to ensure customer satisfaction standards are maintained
- Comfortable working with technology, digital tools, and spreadsheets in order to complete tasks
- A self-starter: resilient with a positive outlook.
- A passion for solving problems
- A people person: friendly, polite, professional and an excellent communicator
- Goal-driven: you have a desire to grow and excel in your role and to perform your duties to the highest of standards
- Flexibility is required: This field role is London-based but at times travel outside of London will be required
- It would be a bonus if you have an understanding of circuitry / soldering onto circuit boards (full training will be provided)
The role is based on around a 40 hour work-week. Usually this is 9am-6pm Monday to Friday although, in emergency situations, Saturdays may very occasionally be required, with time off in lieu given when this happens. Karshare has a flexible approach to how you manage your time, and they will need flexibility from you too.
And the exciting bits!
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, plus an extra day every year after 2 years of service up to a maximum of 28 days
- Take your birthday off as an extra day’s holiday
- Standard contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- A minimum of £250 for every employee to use towards their professional development
- 5 free rental days a year using a car from our platform
- Up to 2 employee social responsibility days to use for a cause or charity of your choice
- Karshare love recommendations - they will pay you if you successfully recommend a permanent employee
- Access to Juno benefits, allowing you to claim back costs on all sorts of items such as Netflix, Spotify, and gym memberships (worth about £30/month!)
📝 Sounds great! Where can I apply?
- Apply via Feisty to have your CV sent straight to Karshare
- Someone from Karshare will be in touch if you're a good fit
- That's it!
Karshare is the UK’s first car sharing platform aimed solely at serving communities within their neighbourhoods. Using smart technology and a contactless process, they connect renters with car owners, giving those with cars the opportunity to earn extra cash while providing quick and easy car rental to those who need it.
Karshare are creating a more sustainable, shared future, where having a car can be seen as a choice, not a necessity!