£ 24,000 - 28,000
Want to start you career at one of the UK's leading language schools? Think you're organised and a good communicator? Interested in starting your career in Accounting? Then this is the role for you.
Language Services Direct are one of the country's leading providers of language trainers to companies and government departments and work with a large network of language trainers across multiple languages and locations.
They now need an Accounts Assistant to join the team to focus on payment processes and invoicing. The role will primarily involve following up and processing information from trainers, ensuring accuracy and on-time payments, creating client invoices and following up on on-time payments. There will also be a need to prepare finance reports for clients.
As a business, Language Services Direct pride ourselves on our results-driven, high integrity culture and the position requires you to be a competent and highly self-motivated person willing to learn and grow with the business.
What will you be doing?
- Ensuring trainer/supplier invoices and timesheets are received on time and accurately - this will require ongoing interactions with over 100 trainers regularly
- Liaising with trainers to ensure all required documents are in place and with client representatives for sign off of service delivery
- Calculating and ensuring accurate monthly payments for teaching and expenses
- Ensuring client invoices are accurate and ensuring on-time payment through regular follow-ups with the client
- Improving payment processes through enabling technological improvements
What are they looking for?
The ideal person in the role will...
- Have excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Have excellent Excel skills
- Be very comfortable with technology to be able to consistently improve the payment processes
- Have good numerical skills
- Be an articulate and good communicator – both written and spoken - with an ability to build strong relationships with external stakeholders
These are then nice-to-haves...
- Knowledge of Xero accounting software an advantage
- Experience in a finance role would be helpful
Willingness to work hard, an aptitude for learning and solution/result orientation will determine success in the role!
The key details
📍 This is a hybrid role based in their SE1 offices, with some flexibility to work from home. Role can be remote if you live outside of London. Part time/flexible hours will also be considered for the right candidate!
💰 £24,000-£28,000 per year, depending on experience
The interview process
- Send your CV via Feisty so it can be sent straight to the employer
- Pre-screen call with Managing Director or Director
- 1st interview with excel/numeracy test & DISC profile
- 2nd interview
Language Services Direct is a leading supplier of professional language training in London and the UK. They specialise in tailor-made business language courses for corporate and public-sector clients.
They offer a highly personalised and flexible service, working in partnership with their learners and clients to adapt both the training itself and our course-management procedures to suit their learning and business requirements.
They work with client companies in a wide range of sectors including finance, insurance, media, automotive, legal and energy.
Established in 1991, they work with highly qualified and experienced training consultants to deliver courses:
- in all world languages
- at all levels of ability
- in a wide range of formats including one-to-one and group courses
- with both extensive and intensive schedules
- using various delivery modes: face-to-face, online, telephone and blended
- targeting both language and business communication skills
- using a rich variety of relevant and engaging content and activities to maximise motivation and learning
Their trainers are supported by a team of talented and experienced account managers, operations managers, and pedagogic leads, dedicated to ensuring the smooth running of their services, optimal learning outcomes and maximum return on investment for their clients.