Customer Credit Manager
Through car sharing, this company is creating a more sustainable, shared future, where having a car can be seen as a choice, not a necessity. If you're experienced in claims handling & want a part in a better future - read on!
Having launched in 6 cities across the UK, Karshare is now in a fast growth phase with plans to expand in these cities. The Customer Credit Manager will support their business to manage essential costs and recoveries, ensuring the ongoing profitability!
What will you be doing?
- Monitor fines and charges once initially recorded by the Customer Service team.
- Collect payments from available payment methods by liaising with Renters.
- Issue invoices where other collections methods fail and follow these up.
- Liaise with renters to settle disputes.
- Issue Legal letters to outstanding debtors and follow up.
- Ensuring that these debtors are suspended / banned from using Karshare's services.
- Ensure that all actions are recorded correctly.
What are they looking for?
Your skill set...
- Experience in Claims Handling or Accounts receivables.
- Numerate and comfortable working with spreadsheets and payment systems (e.g. Stripe).
- A good understanding of Customer Service and an enjoyment of working with customers.
- An understanding of the importance of a good process and following the steps to record actions.
- Organised and committed to working cross functionally.
- An excellent communicator (both verbally and through written communications).
- Experience working in a fast paced, start-up environment.
Your key characteristics...
- Passionate about Karshare’s purpose, to create a world where we never have more cars than we need.
- Purpose driven: you want Karshare to succeed because you understand how car sharing can help create a more sustainable future.
- Empathetic: You want to help Karshare's customers when they get into these situations that are often unexpected and upsetting.
- Resilient: You’ll need to speak to customers to help them understand why they have costs to pay us, and to help them find a solution.
- Determined: You’ll need to stick to your guns when chasing payments and have the right information to had to justify the payments needed.
- Do more with less
- Whatever the problem is, own it
- Delight people by paying attention to the details
- Listen to understand how to be better
- Learn when you fail and don’t blame
- Humbly curious to be better
The key details
⏰ Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm.
📍 Remote working, although they do have an office 2 minutes from Tottenham Court Road tube which you are welcome to use!
💰 Up to £26,000, depending on your experience.
The exciting bits!
- Extra holiday day on your birthday.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays - in addition an increase of 1 day every year after 2 years of service up to a maximum of 28 days.
- Standard contributory pension scheme.
- 5 free rental days a year using a car from our platform.
- Flexible working hours/environment.
- Up to 2 employee social responsibility days per year to use to volunteer for a cause or charity of your choice.
- Professional development opportunities, including an annual learning and development budget.
Karshare is the UK’s first car sharing platform aimed solely at serving communities within their neighbourhoods. Using smart technology and a contactless process, they connect renters with car owners, giving those with cars the opportunity to earn extra cash while providing quick and easy car rental to those who need it.
Karshare are creating a more sustainable, shared future, where having a car can be seen as a choice, not a necessity!