Analyst – TV & Video-on-demand Analytics
If you're a recent Graduate, who is inquisitive with a passion for data and research - Check out this opportunity to join a team of globally acclaimed experts in the media and entertainment industry!
So what’s the job?
Ampere Analysis are looking to recruit a full-time analyst to join their Analytics team. The role will be focused on understanding film and TV licensing patterns across subscription and free-to-access video-on-demand products and broadcast TV channels.
The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate with a passion for TV or film and a strong interest in data, analysis, and understanding the underlying drivers of the industry.
Tell me more… 👀
Ampere Analysis is a research and analytics firm focusing on the film, TV and communications sector. Ampere works with an extensive range of media and communications companies, including Hollywood studios, public broadcasting groups, online video providers, pay TV operators and telecoms groups.
As a rapidly growing business working with some of the world’s largest companies, Ampere is regularly seeking talented and motivated people to join their team. Working at Ampere provides the opportunity to build a career in research and analysis. They have a well-rounded team and are proud of their diverse skill-base and commitment to providing the best possible service to their clients.
- Working with the wider Analytics team to update, maintain and validate programming information about leading global and local video-on-demand services
- Working with colleagues to develop innovative solutions to help clients deal with live business challenges relating to content sales and acquisition, analysis of their competition, or business planning
- Collaborating with team members to establish a variety of methods to analyse large and complex media-sector datasets
- Authoring reports and insight pieces that identify important industry trends and support clients’ understanding of underlying market dynamics
- As an analyst's career progresses, they may also take on a variety of client-facing roles, including delivering client-side presentations, assisting with sales meetings and calls, and briefing customers on topical or research issues
Do I fit the bill? 🕵️
They want to see candidates who can see themselves developing a career in the sector – so if you can see yourself developing a passion for research and analysis in the media sector, Ampere could well be the place to begin!
- 2:1 or equivalent degree
There is no set background for a good analyst, and different skills open up different opportunities within the profession:
- Enthusiasm: They're looking for a candidate who enjoys research, who has (or could develop) an interest in the film, TV or video-on-demand sectors
- Communication: They would like to work with people who can develop the ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and simple manner – both in-person and through written briefings
- Detail: An eye for detail and pattern recognition is a key part of the job – understanding and really getting to grips with the nuances that underpin the film and TV licensing business
- Flexible: They want people who enjoy learning and want to improve a wide range of skills – such as data analysis, learning programming techniques to assist with data collection, developing industry knowledge, writing reports, and other related skills
- Lateral thinking: Being able to think outside the box to help generate solutions to challenges faced by Ampere, and to help clients with more open-ended problems
The exciting bits!
- Join and learn from a team of globally acclaimed experts in the media and entertainment industry in the heart of London 😍
- Gain unique insight into the evolving business models and latest trends in video-on-demand, film and TV licensing and content production 🎬
- Learn in a dynamic, data-driven environment, helping to create solutions to solve real-world problems, both for Ampere and for some of the largest media companies in the world 🏆
- As you progress as an analyst, become well-regarded in the sector and deal with key players in the industry, as well as potentially see your research published in global publications 💪
- Receive a selection of other company benefits such as, private medical insurance, flexibility around home working and regular team-building activities 🤸
The key details
📍 Central London location
💰 Competitive Salary - Salary dependent on experience.
📅 Start date: ASAP
What’s the culture like?
"We actively work on building an inclusive, friendly, and open-minded culture, fostering collaboration and teamwork to encourage both personal and professional growth.
As a business, we are open-minded to flexible working, helping to support balancing business and career priorities with personal responsibilities. We understand the importance of good communication and feedback, and provide regular 1:1’s and annual reviews for all staff to ensure the best opportunity for success and growth.
You can expect responsibility early on, clearly-defined expectations in career progression, opportunities and training for developing your skills, and the chance to work on diverse and interesting projects in a rewarding, innovative and enjoyable environment."
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at Ampere Analysis 🛍️
"We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and actively work on building an inclusive, friendly, and open-minded culture that embraces diversity, fosters collaboration and teamwork and encourages both personal and professional growth."
So, what are the next steps? ✏️
- Apply via Feisty so your application is sent straight to the employer.
- Include response to questions to follow
Ampere Analysis is a research and analytics firm focusing on the film, TV and communications sector. They work with an extensive range of media and communications companies, including Hollywood studios, public broadcasting groups, online video providers, pay TV operators, sports rights holders, and telecoms groups.
See www.ampereanalysis.com for more information on the company.