Property Finance Broker
£ 28,000 - 35,000
Posted 2 weeks ago
Experienced Finance Broker looking to pursue a career within real estate? Check out this opportunity with London based growth-based property finance advisory for investors and developers!
Tell me more… 👀
Merryoaks Property Finance offer Solutions for Investors and Developers, created from a collective of passionate property people with 40yrs+ experience working as Estate Agents, Investors, Developers and Specialist Lenders. As such, they have a profound understanding of the finance process, multi-disciplined investment strategies and know exactly how their funding partners like their cases to be presented – enabling a holistic consultancy combined with smooth and swift funding solutions. Merryoaks are growing - and looking for a talented Finance Broker to join their Portsmouth team!
So what’s the job?
As a Finance Broker you will be:
- Providing investment advice
- Providing strategic corporate finance advice
- Structuring and restructuring vehicles and investments
- Sourcing debt and raising equity for both direct and indirect investments
- Executing transactions in real estate investment vehicles on both an advisory and a brokerage basis.
- Analyse client requirements including investment strategy, capital strategy, vehicle structure, financing requirements and decision-making dynamics.
- Develop solutions and advice for clients whilst supporting the team.
- Analyse and interpret financial information, P&L, cashflow statements, occupational leases, research data, finance facility / loan documents, cost consultant reports, corporate structures and financial underwriting assumptions
- Preparation of financial models
- Carrying out interrogation of models produced by others
- Conduct scenario analysis at property, portfolio, financial structure and vehicle level.
- Understand and use basic VBA to perform sensitivity analysis and allow multiple scenarios to be assessed simultaneously
- Promote innovation and commitment to work process improvement
- Interpret instructions, assessing required timescales and potential issues, seeking help and advice appropriately
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of all Corporate Finance capabilities
Do I fit the bill? 🕵️
- Previous exposure to real estate businesses, assets, and vehicles highly preferred; otherwise a demonstrated interest, ability and willingness to pursue a career within real estate
- Previous understanding of debt raising process and previous exposure to Operating Real Estate asset class: Hotel, Healthcare, Student etc
- Highly numerate and able to grasp complex investment scenarios
- Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
- Exceptional attention to detail, demonstrating a professional and client-focussed approach to work
- Excellent, clear and concise communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Exposure to investment, value add and development finance lending situations.
- Transaction management experience, from enquiries for finance through due diligence to a successful loan investment.
- Ability to undertake financial analysis, stress-testing and sensitivity analysis on possible investments
These are the essential requirements:
- Lives within 45min commute to Portsmouth office
- 2 years minimum property finance experience
- Enjoy and embrace personal development
- Willing to travel the country
- Willing to attend minimum 1 networking event every week
The key details
💰 Salary up to £30,000pa plus commissions and bonuses
📍 Location: Portsmouth (within 45 mins commute) - plus willingness to travel (UK)
What’s the culture like?
"Professional but fun because we are so passionate about what we do. One of our mantras is that the fun never stops!"
So, what are the next steps? ✏️
- Apply via Feisty so your application is sent straight to the employer.
- Initial screening call
- Interview via video/or in person
Merryoaks provides growth-based property finance advisory for investors and developers. Their aim is to help you fund your next investment or development project and be part of your on-going growth to bigger, better and more aspirational deals.