Community Operations Manager
£ 28,000 - 33,000
Posted 3 weeks ago
This company has a strong brand, passionate customer base and most importantly, a product customers genuinely love. Covid has presented challenges, but it has also presented opportunities. The way of working has been flipped upside down and the demand for flexibility is greater than ever. They're ready to take full advantage of that - and want an outgoing and super-organised Community Manager to help them do so.
Needed: an organised, enthusiastic and self-starting Community Manager to run building operations at Runway East and make sure their members feel supported and inspired in their home from home. You need to be ambitious, organised, smart and detail-orientated to ensure RE can continue to provide exceptional customer service and keep all their moving parts moving.
They need someone who thrives on operational excellence and problem solving, someone who can lead and develop a team, naturally social who builds relationships and facilitates connections.
You’ll be the first port of call for Runway East's members so an unwavering pursuit of exceptional customer service is essential. Experience in a fast-paced environment with high levels of transparency and growth is key. You should thrive in an unpredictable work environment, you’ll think fast, get your hands dirty and be a port in the storm.
What will you be doing?
Keeping operations moving...
- Operations are the bedrock of this role and the small things really do matter. You keep building standards high, everything in its place exactly where members need it, when they need it - you’re proud to run a space that always looks great, nothing less than perfect spaces will do for the members.
- You're a problem solver who’s not afraid to get your hands dirty to resolve issues before members know they're issues. This kingdom is yours, and you will guard it with your life (not your life, but you know, you’ll make sure Runway East keep it nice). You’re not afraid to be disruptive, you’ll challenge systems, improve processes and make RE more efficient than they were yesterday.
Making your own mark on the fun, energised co-working culture...
- You’re naturally sociable, the life of the party, you find it easy to make new friends and close relationships. You’ll bring passion, personality and spirit to RE's beloved workspace, making sure their members feel like part of a family - supported, listened to and connected to a like-minded network.
- You’ll be the best-placed person in the company to know how RE's members are feeling, and you’ll use their feedback (and your brilliantly creative mind) to think up new ways to improve the space, events and community.
Leadership, learning and development...
- In this role, you’ll lead a team of Community Assistants. You’ll have an unquenchable thirst for new information and will take your team’s development as seriously as your own.
- You’ll be an effective delegator and be able to bring the best out of others, developing their skills and leading your team to deliver an amazing service.
Joining the adventure...
- Runway East are a team of experienced entrepreneurs who want to make the happiest, most productive, most exciting working environment in town, nay the world, nay the galaxy, nay (you get the picture).
Who are they looking for?
You’ll do great here if you have:
- Operational expertise: With so many plates in the air, RE need someone with proven experience in operations. You’re naturally resourceful with serious problem-solving skills. You’re a confident communicator, cool and calm under pressure and bring a “can do”, “work it out”, “that’s my job”, “I’ll sort it” mentality to work.
- Passion for people: It’s about building relationships with the members, about seeing connections and opportunities for them, about getting to the bottom of what they want and delivering it to them with warmth, generosity and 5-star service. Previous work experience in hospitality or other customer-facing roles is essential.
- Exceptional organisation: Time management and attention to detail are paramount - you’ll be able to juggle a lot of different things at once, whilst keeping our members at the forefront of everything you do.
- Most of all, RE need someone who will throw their all into the mission. They need someone who will join them in going above and beyond to build something great.
ED&I at Runway East
In their own words: "We see the good in everyone. We celebrate our differences.
We keep community at our core, and we know that a community can only thrive when it is diverse and inclusive. We welcome people from all backgrounds and experiences, whatever your race, religion, status, sexuality, gender identity, age, appearance or disability. There is no set blueprint for a Runway East team member. What matters to us is your spirit."
The exciting bits!
💰 £28,000 - £33,000 depending on experience
Besides working with the greatest people in the world? Well…
- Time Off 🤸 31 days including bank holidays plus an extra day for every year you’re at RE. They also give you your birthday off (because no one should work on their birthday)
- Wellbeing 🧠 Private health & dental insurance, half-price gym membership, access to Spill (which offers video therapy sessions through Slack), mental health days & a Bike2Work scheme
- Contribute 🌎 assign two workdays per year to charitable work with Matchable
- Learning & Development 📚 £150pa personal growth budget, access to Learnamp (a curated platform of learning resources), regular lunch & learns
- The Usual Suspects 👍 - paid sick days, compassionate leave, enhanced parental leave for long-service and life insurance
- RE outings 🎉 - they love organised (and not so organised) fun, culminating in an annual team trip (Barcelona, Alicante, Rhodes, and Budapest to name some past trips!)
So, Runway East provides a springboard for entrepreneurs: a working space, a supportive team, and years of experience. They help nurture new ideas into new businesses, and they love doing it.
These are their values, if you share them - apply.
Community Obsessed. You understand their members and their needs - delivering world-class service with enthusiasm and charm. You see every challenge as an opportunity to delight their members.
Open. You are open-minded and engaged. You own your mistakes and take steps to actively learn from them. You give and receive feedback with positive intent to develop yourself and the business.
Give a Damn. You are continuously driving yourself to improve. You care about the little things and you take pride in doing them well - you care about the company, their members and your teammates.
Entrepreneurial. You question the status quo and stand up to fix things, taking the initiative to find and deliver solutions. You are resilient and determined and when the going gets tough, you don’t give up.