£ 40,000 - 60,000
Looking for a job in which you feel you contribute to a better future? Passionate about food? Want to be part of the booming alternative protein market? And finally, dreaming about launching a challenger brand? Then this job might be the perfect fit for you.
Saved want to demystify insect protein and fight for the right share of voice within the alternative protein market! They transform traditionally essential staples and snacks into nutrient-rich foods fortified with insect-based protein. You won’t see the insects, nor smell or taste them, you just get the nutrition without changing any of your habits. Their vision is to make everyday foods that make switching to truly sustainable eating effortless and delicious.
Now they need an Account Manager to join the team. This is an exciting, fast-paced role that offers the opportunity to contribute significantly to Saved’s B2C (& B2B2C) commercialisation efforts. You will be responsible launching sales in the UK (London first) – creating the market strategy, testing different channels rapidly, creating activations and establishing strong relationships with retailers. How exciting!
What will you be doing?
- Build growth strategy: Create & execute the sales strategy which includes defining clear objectives and challenging goals to gain awareness and market share. Build short and long-term strategies, identify successes and opportunities which lead to the development of sales playbooks.
- Customers pipeline: You will be responsible for sales lead generation to new customers and driving the execution of sales of Saved’s products in foodservice (restaurants, industrial) and retail in the UK. Ensure own activities are captured in the CRM system in a timely manner.
- Manage & grow existing accounts (once in place): You will be the primary contact for all accounts and responsible for supporting and growing their business. You will implement in-store initiatives to drive increased traffic and higher in-store sales.
- Manage distributors: You will be the day-to-day contact with UK distributors and responsible for managing the relationships, including training, sales material supply, and performance.
- Lead reviews, events: Present products, conduct category reviews, and use other related information with clients to gain sales and establish accounts. Including but not limited to: tabletop presentations, trade/industry events, coordinating in-store demos, and other field-related activities.
- Track success: Manage the annual, quarterly, and monthly sales targets and goals, and establish a plan for achieving them. Manage tools and materials the sales organisation needs to achieve business objectives, including Salesforce CRM platform and trade spend software solution.
- Maintain financial discipline: Manage trade budgets across all channels.
- Forecasting: Provide key inputs for demand planning - own the bottom-up forecast for the S&OP process for each account owned.
- People management: Work closely with the CEO
Who are they looking for?
These are the essential requirements...
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in a sales role, involving category management, field experience, in-store demos, sales pitching sessions
- Recent experience growing a brand and pioneering retail sales
- Strong analytical skills with metrics based, results driven approach (if you have previous experience in Kantar Worldpanel, Nielsen, or similar, bonus)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proven success working independently and navigating in an ever-changing and often chaotic (and exciting) high-growth environment
- A mix of large and small manufacturer experience in your background
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, CRM system and Salesforce
- Strong work ethic – prepared to put in extra hours when they are really needed
- Ability to travel in the UK and broader Europe when needed
These are the nice-to-haves...
- Experience within food / alt protein sector
- Experience within the sustainability sector
💂♂️ Candidates must have pre-existing right-to-work in the United Kingdom
🚗 Ability to drive in the UK
The key details
💰 £40,000 - £60,000, plus stock option package, depending on experience and extent to which the job specification is met. Commission or OTE to be discussed once objectives and targets are in place.
📍 Office in White City at Huckletree West, a cool co-working space with weekly breakfast & drinks
🏠 Hybrid working: A mix of in-office and work-from-home balances collaboration and flexibility. We go in the office 2-3 days/week (though if you who wish to come in more are welcome to)
The exciting bits!
🐛 Make an impact on the most innovative food industry and make insect protein sexy
🏖️ 25 days holiday + bank holidays + off during Christmas and new year (25.12-01.01, equal to 8 days off consecutively) & your birthday
🥖 Weekly free breakfast and drinks
🤑 Pension contribution
The interview process
- Apply via Feisty, so your CV is sent straight to Saved!
- 1-hour introduction call with CEO
- 1 business case presentation with our founding team & advisor + Q&A
- In-person final interview with CEO
Saved is developing insect-based essential food items such as snacks and pasta, leveraging insects' high tenure in protein while contributing to the development of a more sustainable food supply chain.
At Saved, they have three principles:
🐜 You won't see it, smell it or taste it!
🤘🏻 Making the food you love more nutritious (reducing the carbs, increasing the proteins & vitamins). They are all about guilt-free food & the power of convenient 2-in-1 foods.
🐄 Be your new alternative protein. With their portion of pasta, you already have the equivalent of 4 eggs in protein in there, so just add the sauce or toppings and off you go! The most sustainable animal protein and most digestible protein vs. plant-based options.
Food shortage is likely to put a strain on global supply so Saved are investigating the possibility of incorporating alternative proteins into our diets using insects. Cricket production is 20 times more efficient as a protein source than cattle and requires dramatically less food & energy than raising beef or other meats.
😬 Why insects?
Why not? Frenchies are eating frogs & snails so why can't we eat crickets? Insects are the most sustainable option compared to animal protein and the most digestible compared to vegan protein (i.e. animal protein is a complete protein, contains all essential amino acids). Insects on your plate though? Don't worry, Saved are making your life easier, they hide it from you, using it as an ingredient just like flour but you are still getting all the nutrition. The dream is real.
🔥 Join the other 2 billion people eating insects daily, only this time, with Saved. The Future is Saved.