Marketing & Sales Executive
£ 26,000 - 31,000
The opportunity: the chance to join a young ambitious startup and the founding team as their first full-time employee. For the right person this means helping to shape the way they do things and having a hand in helping rethink the way customers discover and consume wine. They call this wine 2.0. Welcome to a new sip.
Who are nouveau?
noveau is a low-intervention wine brand based in London, making wine around the world.
It was time to smash down the barriers to wine so they set out on a journey to make it approachable. They are looking for someone smart to join them.
They are a grape to glass business – meaning they purchase grapes at harvest and are hands on all the way through until their sippers enjoy a glass. This means they know exactly what it is in each bottle.
Who are they looking for?
- You have spent at least a year or two already in a similar role in a fast-paced industry
- You are raring and eager to get stuck into a new role
- You have a love for brand building and are a creative problem solver at heart
- You enjoy talking to, and building relationships, with customers
- You understand and admire new digital-first brands and are keen to get under the bonnet and shape the UK’s next big thing in wine
What will you be doing?
The role is split across two business functions (Marketing and Sales), reporting directly into the co-founder. You need to be a self-starter and happy to switch between functions quite fluidly. As with the nature of this role, you may be required to be present at various tastings, work at events and undertake some travel for work.
- Performance marketing: Support external suppliers on everything digital marketing. This may include briefing in creative and working with their performance marketing partners as a conduit between the business and outside suppliers.
- CRM and list marketing: Production of monthly email marketing. Working with designers, photographers & writers to support the founder and brand marketing director to produce and level up their email marketing efforts.
- Influencer programme: Helping to identify and build relationships with influencers and communities which the brand could be partnering with.
- Customer service assistance: Using Instagram to take any customer service questions and inbound trade/marketing leads and build them into their ticket system.
- Events: To be hands on in helping to produce events up and down the country. Helping to support collaborations with other events and brands. Due to the nature of the job this may well include some travel and occasional out-of-office hours.
- Brand partnership production: nouveau are very active in building out brand partnerships and collaborations, which you will need to own
- Product production partner (South Africa): Working closely with the freelancer producer in South Africa and their dry goods production facilities to help ensure seriously high quality across all of the wine packaging and supporting dry goods.
- New accounts: Helping to identify potential new accounts in the agreed geographies, inline with their on/off trade growth strategy. Supporting the team to convert a sale into liquid on shelf.
- Trade tasting and education: Assisting on trade tastings and account staff education sessions.
- Trade customer service. Being the point of contact for some of the key trade accounts.
The key details
📍 Remote working with 1 day a week in the London office, as well as in-person events and customer meetings
💰 £26,000-31,000, depending on experience
The exciting bits!
- A multifaceted role for someone who likes to keep moving forward
- Remote working with access to a co-working space
- Autonomy to forge the way nouveau work as a business - they are all ears!
- Stock options in the business
- Monthly wine allowance
- Regular wine tastings
- Work related travel and access to events
- The tools you need to get the job done
The interview process
- Apply via Feisty, so your CV is sent straight to the employer
- Initial telephone interview
- First F2F meeting
- Second F2F meeting
nouveau's mission to fill your glass with something new.
They pick the best fruit possible and work with their winemakers in South Africa to bring to life fresh expressions of low–intervention wine.
For them, it's about craft – that’s why all their wines are small-batch, so they can continue to experiment and make interesting juice.
Working directly with farmers is important to them. They've designed a fully transparent process from vine to bottle, which means they know exactly what you are putting in your glass.
Let them show you wine–new. Welcome to a new sip.