B2B Influencer Relations: Analyst Programme Manager
£ 30,000 - 43,000
Experienced Account Manager looking for your next move to a join an award winning, insight-driven Tech. PR agency? Read on!
So what’s the job?
CCgroup is a multi-award-winning B2B tech PR and marketing consultancy, seeking a Junior Account Manager to join their Industry Analyst Relations practice. They offer a fantastic working environment, great clients and a supportive team to help you grow! 💪
This is a new position, but an established and important role within CCgroup. CCgroup first launched its analyst relations capability in 2016. In late 2018, Duncan Chapple joined to lead the division.
Tell me more… 👀
They invested in industry analyst relations (distinct from other PR methods) because they realised how influential industry analysts are in the technology markets they serve. They have extensive, primary data demonstrating that industry analysts are a critical influencer on technology purchasing behaviour. Their recent research suggests analysts are becoming even more important. Their focus on industry analyst relations is helping CCgroup grow fast (30% in 2021) and win awards.
They now need to bring on-board a new AR team member to support their continued growth. The role is focused around helping to run programmes, manage client relationships (they have a phenomenal NPS score of 94 – their clients really like them!) develop the growing AR team and support new business and marketing initiatives.
Their new Analyst Programme Manager will have started to demonstrate an ability to think strategically, as well as commercially, in the field of analyst relations or PR. When they say ‘commercial’ they mean recognising opportunities to capitalise on organic client growth and rectify servicing issues and scope creep. You’ll be able to confidently negotiate with clients when the need arises and provide invaluable support to stream leaders.
Main job functions
- Management of account teams to achieve agreed plans and objectives
- Ownership of, and accountability for, key account processes
- Management of clients, including management of expectations, budget and profitability
- Established, productive networks amongst analysts, industry subject matter experts, consultants AND potential prospects
- Identification of revenue-generating opportunities within existing clients
- Play a key role in new business opportunities
- Helps create and develop AR programmes and campaigns for new and existing clients
- Take briefs/plans and translate them into actionable tasks (SLAs and account plans)
- Ensure that client SLAs are in place, managed and met, with responsibility taken for the fulfilment of client activity
- Own and manage the creation and delivery of tasks on client accounts according to agreed plans, using Teams, Planner, working with account leads to allocate tasks appropriately
- Ownership of, and accountability for, all key account processes (reporting, briefings, content creation etc) – approving work from junior team members, providing full and frank feedback and guidance, and on-the-job training where required. Raise issues of concerns with mentors
- Leadership of account team meetings and client calls/meetings
- Ensure account profitability i.e., monitoring servicing levels on an ongoing basis
- Be the primary point of contact for clients, managing day-to-day queries
- Ensure that client expectations are managed and met (including the ‘trading’ of activities against approved SLAs), bringing in account leads as necessary
- Develop and maintain long-term client relationships
- Prepare for and lead client meetings in conjunction with account lead
- Respond promptly (but thoughtfully) to client requests for information and make sure team members do the same
- Provide insight and ideas for client campaigns, help to develop and evolve account strategy and continually demonstrate proactivity
- Create/oversee and approve the creation of standard programme content (briefing books, debriefing documents, newsletters, webinar emails, presentation slides etc)
- Develop client reporting and update documents (such as quarterly account review reports) that inspire and are of a high standard
- Develop and refine creative AR programme ideas, e.g. new briefing pitches, that will drive results
- Translate data and statistics into meaningful industry insights
- Lead by example by taking a proactive approach to developing and maintaining key influencer relationships, demonstrating productive relationships and client results
- Provide managerial support in the identification of angles and develop compelling pitches that inspire results
- Ensure the administrative side of influencer relations – opportunity identification, list management, pitching, social media tracking – is working effectively.
Research & knowledge development
- Contribute to for the team’s awareness of analyst debate and trends relevant to your clients, with insights that can be shared with clients
- Consume news and analyst comment relevant to clients and their industries daily, demonstrating deep knowledge and sharing relevant items with the account team
- Follow and research industry trends relevant to clients and their industries, demonstrating an understanding of key issues in the creation of client content
- Support client and new business teams by managing and conducting research into new areas and presenting back in appropriate, defined formats – this may include market analyses and share of voice analyses etc
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of marketing mix, particularly the role of AR in relation to other disciplines through consuming appropriate marketing industry content
- Be aware of trends in the tech and AR space and share with client teams as agreed and internally
- Be a proficient user of social media channels, especially Twitter and LinkedIn
- Commit to securing PRCA Continuous Professional Development certification every year
- Regularly attend AR industry and technology-related events, and take other team members
- Identify opportunities for new, additional client services – supporting the organic growth of existing accounts
- Develop elements of new business proposals (e.g. undertake desk research to present specific areas, be responsible for the presentation design etc., offer creative ideas)
- Work with account leads to produce client proposals to deadline and specification
- Input timesheets and expenses correctly and on time
- Allocate client hours to the team (avoiding over or under servicing client accounts)
- Report hours used/available to client teams in weekly meetings, with support from the finance team, managing the servicing rate to within acceptable boundaries
- Ensure best practice is shared across client teams and the agency as a whole
- Provide advice and guidance to junior colleagues across the business
- Support the achievement of financial targets
- Become an ambassador for CCgroup within the industry
Do I fit the bill? 🕵️
Relevant experience and skills – person specification
- Three years’ experience desirable in a related role (project management, AR, PR, analyst, marketing etc)
- Has a strong understanding of the technology landscape
- Experience in direct client liaison, developing strong working relationships and effective commercial management
- Proven ability in the management of people, creating a team ethic to deliver against the clients’ and company’s goals and of guiding and coaching team members to success
- Experience of pitching for and winning new business, identifying and converting organic opportunities within existing clients
- Demonstrable experience of creating and developing client strategies and recommendations, and overseeing their successful execution
- Has a basic understanding of agency financial systems and the impact they have on revenues and agency profitability
- An understanding of AR and its role in the overall marketing mix
- Well organised, ambitious and confident
- Has the ability to build rapport quickly – brings a broad range of contacts that can help drive client/business opportunities
- Strong spoken and written communication skills, with excellent spelling and grammar
- Motivated to learn
- Willing to promote and follow the workplace values of CCgroup (expert, driven, curious, supportive, genuine)
More great stuff about working at CCgroup:
The exciting bits!
- A hybrid and flexible working policy that meets the needs of the individual 👍
- Early & late passes (‘arrive’ 3 hours late or ‘leave’ 3 hours x9 per year)
- Annual £150 wellbeing allowance to spend on whatever makes you feel good! 🥳
- Monthly social events, including summer and Christmas parties 🤸
- 3% contributory pension 😍
- Access to external training 📚
- Access to wellbeing support service for mental & physical health 🧘
- Competitive holiday allowance: 22 days per year to start with, building up to 27 days per year! There are 3 additional days off for religious/cultural days as well, plus your birthday off too! 🏖️
- Competitive enhanced maternity and paternity leave policies: after 1 year of service 16 weeks full pay for maternity and 4 weeks full pay for paternity leave. 👶
- Free eye test & glasses contribution 😎
- Cycle to work scheme 🚴
- Travel loan ✔️
- Sabbaticals 🔥
- Long term service award scheme 🏆
Sounds like a good fit? They can’t wait to get to know you!
The key details
📍 Central London - with hybrid and flexible working options
💰 Salary band: Salary band: £30k – £41k + 5% annual bonus depending on company performance
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at CCgroup 🛍️
"Diversity is critically important to us. We’re committing ourselves to The Blueprint to make sure we do everything we can to make CCgroup the most inclusive agency we can be. For transparency, as of November 2021, we’re 24% Black, Asian, mixed race and minority ethnic. Better than the PR industry average, but this is a journey – and we have a way to go."
CCGroup offer a fantastic working environment, great clients and a supportive team to help you grow. They are proud Blueprint Ally status holders for their work encouraging diversity, and have a few awards to their name:
- PRMoment Awards 2020, 2021 & 2022: Technology Agency of the Year
- PRMoment Awards 2020 & 2022: B2B Agency of the Year
- PRovoke 2022: Top Five UK Agencies to Work For
- PRWeek Best Places to Work 2021: Best Agency to Work For (small agency, winner)
- PRWeek Best Places to Work 2021: Training and Development Award winner
- PRovoke 2020-2021: EMEA Technology Consultancy of the Year
- PRWeek Best Places to Work 2020: Mental Health Champion of the Year winner
What’s the culture like?
"We’re committed to making our recruitment process as inclusive as possible. We are happy to carry out interviews virtually or in-person, whatever suits best. We have an accessible office in central London, the closest station is King’s Cross which is a step-free station, and we have accessible facilities including WCs and showers. We are happy to provide accessibility tools to ensure you are able to fulfil your job."
You can find out more about what it’s like to work at CCgroup here
Does this sound like the right role and place for you?
So, what are the next steps? ✏️
- Apply via Feisty so your application is sent straight to the employer.
- Include your response to a screening question to follow.
CCgroup has specialized in mobile and telecoms for more than 30 years. The stream is headed up by company COO and Head of Telecoms, Paul Nolan and closely supported by Account Director and deputy stream leader, Anais Merlin.
Company CEO, Richard Fogg also leads on some mobile and telecoms accounts. We work with a broad range of companies, including network operators, network infrastructure vendors, network services vendors, mobile device processors, embedded software vendors and mobile advertising companies.
They’re close to the industry, and the technology developments and evolving market issues that affect their clients and them. They build credible, compelling content to demonstrate that their clients understand and can solve the business and technology challenges that their operator customers face. They work to ensure that content is used across multiple communications channels—digital, media, analyst, events, and industry associations—to build the thought leadership and momentum that delivers commercial success.