Customer Operations Agents (USA) - Cardiff
£ 22,000 - 25,000
Do you have a genuine passion for customers, and creating the best experience possible? Interested about payments, lending, and improving the lives of small business owners? If you resonate with our values - this could be the best move for you!
So what’s the job?
Capital on Tap are looking for incredible people to add to their Cardiff team: They want to build the most incredible customer experience the UK has ever experienced, and their Cardiff Operations Team are on the way to achieving that. They’re looking for Customer Operations (COps) Agents who want to help make it happen.
Tell me more… 👀
You’ll be the first point of contact for small business owners all over the UK. Their customers are trying to build their businesses, and they don’t want to get in the way. You’ll solve problems, fix things that aren’t working for them, and give them a leg up when they need it. Most importantly, you’ll be able to listen to customers and understand from them how they can build a better business.
Empathy is Everything
Their customers need to know that you understand them and how important their issues are. They need to believe that you’re the person who can help. They need to feel that they got put through to the one person who listened, got it, and made it happen.
What you'll be doing...
- Helping customers with everything related to their account, providing incredible customer support by listening, understanding, being honest, and owning the solution.
- Taking on feedback, and proactively working to improve points of friction for customers, and make their product and service even better.
- Working in your team to make sure that customers get connected instantly (imagine if it only took 3 rings to speak to someone at your bank?).
- Keeping a keen eye out for customers who may be vulnerable, potential fraudsters and scammers, or customers who need saving from a bad product experience.
What can I expect in terms of progression? 🚀
Once you’ve learned everything there is to learn and can help customers solve everything in a heartbeat, they want to invest in you and give you the opportunity to specialise and develop in areas of the business such as communications, fraud, compliance or product.
What they are looking for...
- You have a genuine passion for customers, and creating the best experience possible.
- You’re highly empathetic, with a high degree of emotional intelligence and human understanding.
- You thrive in a fast paced, innovative business environment that rewards excellence and does not tolerate mediocrity.
- You’re a quick study, who can rely on your own smarts to figure out the best way of doing things.
- You have great English and are fully computer literate (bonus points for other languages).
- You are results oriented with a motivation to meet targets and deadlines and persistence to see your objectives through.
- Are good at explaining things, solving tricky problems and listening
- Want to build the best customer experience in the UK, help thousands of small businesses, and have a tonne of fun on the way
The exciting bits!
In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location they also offer:
- £22,000k and excellent monthly financial incentives 💰
- Excellent progression and opportunity to grow and develop – they give every employee £1,000 a year to grow their skills outside the company
- The chance to work for one of the top 30 financial services companies in the UK 😍
- Private healthcare 🩺
- Worldwide Travel Insurance through Vitality ✈️
- 28 days paid holiday 🏖️
- Travelcard loan and/or cycle to work scheme 🚴
- Free breakfast / snacks 🥐
The key details
📍 Location: Cardiff
💰 Salary: £22,000k and excellent monthly financial incentives
⏰ Operational hours are between 8am - 8pm Mon-Fri with one weekend in every 7 weeks. Working 37.5 hours per week.
What’s the culture like?
"We are a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and welcome. We foster an environment that allows people to share, engage, learn, support, participate and work towards positive change. We hold regular culture and inclusion events, such as Black History Month, Pride Week and International Women’s Day and have genuine goals to improve every day.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture. Your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions and we champion you to pilot your own ideas to have an impact and add value to the business!"
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at Capital on Tap 🛍️
"At Capital on Tap we are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, ability, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us who we are.
We want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and that they can be their authentic selves. We welcome, consider and encourage applications from anyone that shares this passion."
"The below are values we hold which form the foundation on which we perform work and conduct ourselves. They are the basic elements of how we go about our work. They are the practices we use every day in everything we do here at Capital on Tap"
- Our company is built on piloting new ideas, we know our job is never done.
- We ask questions, we figure it out.
- We only build what our customers want.
Be a Buddy
- It’s never not my job.
- Tap in from day one.
- We do the right thing.
Why not today?
- Fast is as slow as we go.
- Take ownership and raise the bar.
- Keep things simple.
So, what are the next steps? ✏️
- Apply via TalentPool so your application is sent straight to the employer.
- Include responses to screening questions to follow.
At Capital on Tap, they believe in small businesses and their potential. That's why they're on a mission to build tools for small businesses to help them thrive.
Capital on Tap have helped more than 125,000 small businesses across the UK and the US, and hope to partner with more than 1 million businesses by the end of 2025. They have been named by the Financial Times as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Europe for 5 years in a row and have a global team of 350 across London, Cardiff and Atlanta.