Studio Traffic & Production Manager
Posted 3 months ago
You’re an organisational powerhouse who loves great creative work, loves cats and, let’s be real, knows the value (and joy) of a well put together timing plan. And most of all, you want to use your organisational power for good – with a start-up that changes lives. Well, look no further – this is the role for you.
As KatKin's first Studio Manager, you can be anywhere from Junior to Mid in terms of experience. What matters to them is that you’re the kind of person that knows how to make things happen – you’re highly proactive and most importantly an organisational powerhouse who absorbs chaos and gives back calm. Plus, you’ve already built that little black book of freelancer contacts to tap into for when creative deadlines collide.
Along with the traditional traffic management role, you’ll also be responsible for bringing creative ideas to life by coordinating and producing creative shoots with the creative team. By deep diving and overseeing all creative project requirements from start to finish, you’ll make sure the creative process is given the time to produce excellent work while also managing deadlines to ensure timely delivery.
You’ll support their growing Creative team to inspire their work, always pushing for better in what we do. Constantly seeking inspiration for yourself and the team, you’ll stay up to date with the latest D2C trends and ideas, the best social content and email marketing – and of course, the funniest memes for cat parents.
What will you be doing?
- Managing the creative team’s daily workload, including the review and refining of creative briefs from stakeholders
- Planning, assigning and scheduling of creative briefs into KatKin's internal studio team, as well as the sourcing and managing of freelancers when required, to meet deadlines
- Updating stakeholders on the status of their briefs, including the prioritising of briefs according to the business’ key goals when needed
- On-going organisation of creative folders to ensure all assets are up to date, version controlled and easily accessible
- Coordinating and producing creative shoots, owning all logistics for pre-production, production and post-production elements
- Managing all creative costings, budgets and timelines efficiently
- Continually developing and optimising the creative work flow to achieve creative excellence and efficiencies
Who are they looking for?
- 2+ years experience in a Traffic Manager or Production Manager role where you’ve created a little black book of freelance designers, copywriters, videographers and more
- You have the ability to pre-empt resource issues and solve proactively using internal and freelance creative teams to ensure deadlines are met
- You’re organised and can work at pace and thrive under tight deadlines
- You’re passionate about beautiful, thoughtful and engaging copy and creative
- You collaborate well – but you motivate yourself on your own too
- Integrity, transparency and directness are non-negotiable values to you
- You have a cat, or two or three! And you are passionate about doing the right thing for them!
The exciting bits!
- Career defining opportunity in being instrumental to scaling our brand, fast
- Meaningful equity in a fast growing, early-stage business
- No egos and a small close-knit team
- 25 days of holiday every year plus your birthday off
- 4 week WFA (work from anywhere) policy
- 1-2 days WFH every week
- 12-weeks paternity / maternity leave
- Discount on KatKin fresh meals
- Comprehensive AXA health insurance including optical and dental
- Yearly personal development budget
- Company pension
- Office popcorn, soft drinks and all the tea and coffee you can drink, fresh fruit, great banter and a cat (and dog) friendly office
Why you’ll love working with KatKin
Here's what they have to say...
"The energy here will blow you away, from day one. We’re an ambitious, passionate, rapidly-growing start-up, and we never back down on our mission to make cats healthier and happier. We’re proud of what we do, proud of our exceptional products, and you’ll be a central part of that.
It’s an exciting time to join us too. Our customer base is growing every day, and so are our team and our product range – moving into not just cat food but wider cat health products. Surrounded by knowledgeable scientists, big creative thinkers, astute business brains, and a whole team of cat lovers, you’ll know that KatKin is a mere whisker away from becoming a household name, making a difference for cats and cat people everywhere."
Did you know that some cat food contains as little as 4% meat? Cats are carnivores – they need meat to thrive – but cat food companies use powdered animal derivatives because it’s cheaper and easier, and they top it up with grains and fillers that cats find hard to digest. It’s all about shelf life and profit; not what cats really need.
They do things differently at KatKin. They're changing the cat food industry, with their 100% Fresh-cooked premium meat recipes, delivered to doorsteps everywhere. Each recipe is designed by their in-house vets and nutritionists, to be the very best (and tastiest) nutrition for cats.
And the results show: they've got the highest Trustpilot rating in the cat food industry (4.9 out of 5), and an amazing 93% of cat parents see a health transformation in their cats when they join us. It means they're saving cat lives, and putting pressure on the rest of the industry to be better – to make cat food that’s good for cats. Ready to help?