Advanced Data Analytics Instructor
Passionate about data analytics, data science & digital technologies? Love teaching, mentoring or tutoring? Join this Edtech start-up and their quest to revolutionise higher education!
Multiverse is one of the fastest growing Edtech Startups in Europe with a social mission. They are building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training via professional apprenticeships. Join the team and make an impact!
So what’s the job? 👀
You will be a combined Coach and Tutor for the Multiverse Advanced Data Fellowship programme. You will deliver this 3.5 years degree apprenticeship, supporting your apprentices towards obtaining a BSc degree.
The programme aims to produce well-rounded digital practitioners with a broad knowledge of digital technologies and a specialism in data. You will be working with data professionals at all stages of their career, helping them develop the skills necessary to lead the digital revolution.
The modules vary from Data Analytics and Statistics, through DevOps and Data Engineering, to Technical Project Management and Digital Business Strategy.
You do not need to be an expert in all those subjects, but a high technical aptitude and willingness to broaden your knowledge and skills in these areas are a must.
You will be teaching at all levels of the degree programme, assisting your cohorts of apprentices on their journey from skillful data analysts at level 4 to experienced digital professionals at level 6.
Your role will involve leading a mixture of small group workshops and boot camps, providing targeted and game-changing feedback through written assignments and coaching sessions, and supporting apprentices to lead the digital transformation of their organisations.
What does the programme you will deliver look like?
Click here to learn more - Advanced Data Fellowship programme.
What opportunity is there for progression?
Once you start teaching more advanced content at levels 5 and 6, they will train you in higher education assessment practices and even support you to get accreditation as a Fellow of the HE Academy!
Do I fit the bill? 🕵️
- You have around 2-4 years experience within a data field
- 1+ years teaching/ coaching/ mentoring experience
- You have a passion for data analytics, data science and digital technologies
- You have a high aptitude for all things digital, and would love to pass it on to your apprentices
- You have experience in Python and SQL
- You like new challenges and would thrive in an exciting, dynamic environment
- You are just as excited about teaching digital skills as you are about supporting others on their developmental journey
- You believe passionately in social mobility and the development of talent
You might already be…
- A teacher who loves teaching and data, and looking for a new challenge.
- Working in academia and have loved being a lecturer or a lab or teaching assistant.
- A Data Scientist/Analyst who wants to develop the next generation.
The exciting bits! ⭐
- 27 days holiday 🏝 (3 days are used for a December company switch off)
- 4 M-powered Days 🙌 - one day per quarter where Multiverse collectively switches off and prioritises well-being
- Hybrid working model 🏠 with monthly office visits to MV HQ in Baker Street, London
- 1 Life Event Day 📆 (can be for your birthday, moving house, getting a puppy...)
- 1 Volunteer Day to support a charitable cause 🎗
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa 🏥
- Medical cash back scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Cycle to work scheme 🚴🏽♀️
- Spill 🌱 all in one mental health support
- Employer pension contributions of 3% on capped pensionable earning
- Socials 🍻 and more!
Hybrid working is offered which means you can work from home but you must be able to commute to the London office (Baker Street) once per month
What is the team at Multiverse like?
“Our coaching team is an incredible mix of industry experts and former teachers bringing a blend of teaching and facilitation expertise and recent practical experience to ensure apprentices benefit from learning how to apply the theoretical into practical applied learning.”
"We are many backgrounds, mindsets and talents. All pushing in one direction. We're breaking down an old system and building a better one. So we'll ask you to roll up your sleeves, try new things and make brave choices in everything you do."
🌍 Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at Multiverse
Multiverse are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. They are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Safeguarding at Multiverse
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service ("DBS") for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently.
Multiverse, a tech startup with a social mission. They're building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, to develop a diverse group of future leaders. Their impact focuses on three core areas: measuring potential beyond academics, delivering world-class job-focused training via applied learning, and helping diverse groups of young people build social capital through a thriving community.
They are one of the fastest growing businesses in Europe and also rapidly expanding in North America, working with over 300 clients including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Kantar, Citi and Microsoft.
They started 2021 with the UK’s largest ever EdTech funding round - a $44m Series B. Since then they've opened their New York office, and been awarded “Outstanding” by OFSTED (the UK government’s education regulator) across every category. In September 2021, they broke the funding record again with a $130m Series C raise.
They are looking for exceptional people to join them as they create something genuinely radical that will replace the way people think about accessing careers and how they learn.