£ 20,000 - 25,000
Posted 4 months ago
Do you care about education, and making sure all students have great opportunities? Want to work for a tight-knit team where you can see the difference your work will make? Then this might be the role for you.
Needed: an organised and enthusiastic Student Coordinator to join the team at Candela Academy, and perform logistical, administrative and clerical duties that ensure smooth and efficient daily operations.
Candela offer everything from coordination, tutoring, admissions support, extra-curricular planning, and mentorship for students across all age groups, from 7+ to postgraduate level.
Their team of Subject Advisors lend their expertise as top teachers, Heads of Departments, and examiners at the most prestigious schools around the world to oversee their curriculum and ensure students have a strong support system in achieving their educational dreams.
Your work as Student Coordinator will directly support this work and make sure that the support Candela offers to its students is pain-free!
What will you be doing?
- Assist in implementing and updating best practices and procedures to ensure efficient operations
- Organise company documents into updated filing systems
- Address clients’ queries and respond to communications in a timely manner (via email, phone, or in-person)
- Maintain a company calendar and schedule appointments, as well as managing schedules and deadlines
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems
- Maintain internal database
- Use QuickBooks to create, reconcile and chase payment invoices, data entry
Assist the General Manager in their duties:
- Maintain strong and effective communication with all members of the organisation to ensure transparency, accountability and teamwork
- Keep track of and ensure students’ progress with regular adjustments and updates to parents and upper management
- Address and resolve queries, feedback and complaints from customers and employees
- Recruit, train and manage employees and contracted mentors / tutors / advisors
- Receive information, directives or feedback from upper management, customers or employees and respond / relay information / issue directives to the relevant parties accordingly
- Think outside the box to solve problems creatively—this job requires that you always look for solutions, not problems
What are they looking for?
These are the essential requirements…
- A bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and multitasking abilities
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Strong problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- High attention to detail and customer-oriented thinking
Proficiency will be needed in most mainstream office software, including…
- Google Workplace (Drive, Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meets, Forms, etc)
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, etc)
- Organisation and project management software (Todoist, Trello)
These are the nice-to-haves…
- Fluency in Mandarin
- Knowledge of the UK education system and academic cycles
- Strong academic background and profile
- Prior experience in the education industry
- Prior experience as an administrator or assistant
- Prior experience in marketing, sales or other customer-facing roles
- Proficiency in most mainstream business management software (e.g. Quickbooks)
Based in London, Candela Academy are a new educational coordination company that offers personalised support for students and parents throughout the entire UK academic journey.
Their services include complete coordination, tutoring, admissions support, extra-curricular planning, and mentorship for students across all age groups, from 7+ to postgraduate level.
Their expertise comes from the personalised attention given to each and every individual student. Holding degrees from elite institutions around the world, Candela mentors and tutors truly understand what it takes to elevate one’s chances of success.